Alright friends, the next Everyday Essential Oil that I want to introduce you to is Frankincense. Frankincense oil is incredibly powerful and can be used in many different ways.
Frankincense has become a must have in my household. I use it in many of the ways I’ve listed in the 10 Ways to use section below.
I also take three drops of Frankincense inside of a capsule each day to boost my immune system. Now this doesn’t mean that I’m never ever going to get sick, but I do know that it will help by body fight off anything quickly that does make it’s way in.
A close friend of mine that just received her kit started taking Frankincense after she was already sick. Her family of four all had the same sickness in the weeks prior and every one of them was sick for two weeks – she was able to kick it in two days with Frakincense! Woohoo! This one is definitely a must have for back to school and cold and flu season! There are hundreds of ways to use Frankincense oil (or as I lovingly call it – Frank ;)). Here are just 10 of them:
1. Concentration: Diffuse Frankincense oil to improve focus and concentration.
2. Anti-Inflammatory: Apply Frankincense oil topically in any area an anti-inflammatory is needed.
3. Coughs and Congestion: Apply directly to chest to help improve deep coughs and congestion.
4. Skin and Sun Spots: Apply Frankincense oil directly to skin and sun spots .
5. Boost Immune System: Massage Frankincense oil directly into spine to improve immunity.
6. Strengthen Brittle Fingernails: Massage one drop across each set of finger nails daily.
7. Scars and Stretch Marks: Gently massage Frankincense Oil to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
8. Anxiety and Depression: Start each day by rubbing a drop of Frankincense oil into the crown of your head.
9. Calming Effect: Place a drop of Frankincense oil on your palm, rub your hands together, cup hands over mouth and nose and take a few deep breaths.
10. Relaxing Bath: Add 10 drops of Frankincense oil into 1-1/2 cups of epsom salt. Add 1/2 cup to a warm bath for an incredibly relaxing and luxurious experience! After every shower, I anoint my breasts with Frankincense essential oil – just a couple of drops each will do, to prevent tumors. I can’t say for sure, but I have a history of lumps (not cancerous) and I believe they have become fewer and farther between since I’ve been using Frankincense. I love the aroma, too! ~Cathy in Texas
I used Frankincense to get rid of my huge plantar wart on my foot. My doctor tried to burn it off two different times and was unsuccessful. And, it cost me $300 out of pocket. I put one drop of Young Living’s Frankincense on my wart almost every night and sometimes in the morning for about 3 weeks. It had started to shrink but not yet gone away when I ran out of my Frankincense. I did not put any more of the oil on my wart and yet it continued to disappear completely over the next few weeks. I cannot even tell it was ever there now. ~Joanna in California
I have used frankincense for many things, from supporting the respiratory system to the skin. Recently I was feeling extremely anxious and could not figure out why. I went to my oils and frankincense just seemed to jump out at me, so I put some on and put it in my bag to carry that day. I reapplied as I noticed the feeling, and by noon, I wasn’t feeling anxious anymore. Frankincense stimulates the limbic system of the brain which is the center of memory and emotions, so I felt that by stimulating positive emotions, I was able to overcome the anxiousness I was feeling. Frankincense is also used for spiritual protection and healing and is referenced over 52 times in the Bible. ~Niki in Kansas
There are so, so, SO many testimonials out there for Frankincense…I could share them with you all day, but then this post would be even longer than it already is. The point is, like I said, Frankincense is very versatile and very powerful which I personally believe is why it is so prominent in the Bible.
Frankincense is incredible for all things skin related…moles, acne scars, sub spots, stretch marks, wrinkles – you name it! Here is how you can make a super simple, non-toxic homemade wrinkle cream that actually works:
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (this is the brand I use)
Frankincense Oil (Young Living is the only brand of oil I will use)
1. Place 1 cup of of Coconut Oil in your mixer and whip it up using a whipping attachment. You’ll want to do this on the highest setting and make sure that it gets whipped up really good.
2. Once it’s all whipped up, add 50 drops of Frankincense Oil.
3. Transfer to a glass jar. For an inexpensive option you can use a glass canning jar.
This amount will last you a VERY long time, especially if you are just using it on trouble stops. You can also use it all over your face if you want – that’s what I do – and it will still last a very long time.
Why it Works
Frankincense Oil has been shown to promote the regeneration of healthy cells. It also has been shown to keep existing cells and tissues healthy. Many of the spots and scars on our faces are due to tissue damage, so Frankincense Oil is a great option to repair and regenerate.
You can purchase Frankincense Oil from Young Living as a retail customer (it is $94.41 for a 15mL bottle which contains 250-300 drops), or you can get the better value by getting it in the Young Living Essential Oils Premium Starter Kit! You’ll even get the 9 other amazing oils that I’m talking about in this series, a diffuser, stress away oil, a set of oil labels and much more!
If you do not yet have your Young Living Premium Kit, make sure to check out this month’s incredible offer that comes with a bunch of awesome freebies to help you get started! Head on over here to get all the details on this offer.
Want to know more about how my life has been changed by Essential Oils? Check out these posts…
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
Make sure to check back! Tomorrow I will be covering the fourth oil in the Young Living Everyday Oils collection: Lemon!
Head on over here to check out all the posts that are part of the Journey through the Everyday Collection of oils!