The next Everyday Essential Oil that I want to introduce to you all is Joy! Joy is an oil blend that is composed of Lemon, Mandarin, Rose, Roman Chamomile, Palmarosa, Jasmine, Rosewood, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, and Bergamot. That is a whole lot of goodness in one bottle! Many of these oils are known for their uplifting and mood boosting qualities. 1. Boost Your Mood: Rub a drop of Joy on your wrists, neck and over your heart.
2. Reduce Stress: Calm your body naturally and help combat stress by applying joy over your heart and on your wrists.
3. Lower Back Pain: Mix 1-2 drops with a Tablespoon of Coconut Oil and apply to lower back daily.
4. Alleviate Menstrual Cramps: Rub 2 drops of Joy directly over the abdomen. Top with a warm compress for added relief.
5. Uplifting Bath: Add 10 drops of joy to 1-1/2 cups epsom salts. Add 1/2 cup to a warm bath.
6. Brighten Your Day: Diffuse 2-3 drops of Joy to boost the mood of everyone in your household.
7. Improve Circulation: Massage 2-3 drops of Joy into area to aid circulation.
8. Laundry Fragrance: Place 2 drops of Joy on a rag and add to dryer with washed clothes.
9. Scented Body Lotion: Add 1-3 drops of Joy to your lotion for a lovely scent.
10. Easy Floor Freshener: Place 2-3 drops of Joy to a rag and wipe down your floors. Now I have to say, I did not like Joy when I first smelled it. In fact, I liked the smell least of all the oils in the Everyday Collection. It was just a little too flowery smelling for my taste. However, I did like many of the known benefits of using Joy oil so I decided to give it a try anyway – on my feet. Yep, right on the bottoms of my feet – just far enough from my nose so that I couldn’t quite smell it.
Did you know that each drop of oil contains 40 million trillion molecules? Sure does! And that is enough to reach each of the 100-300 trillion cells in our body more than 40 times! Skeptical that putting oil on the bottoms of your feet can do anything at all? There was actually a study done to test what they found was that oil placed on the feet could be detected in saliva within minutes! Yeah, I thought that was pretty impressive too!
After using joy for a few weeks I did warm up to the smell and now use joy every day by rubbing a drop right over my heart. It is the perfect way to start out the day on a positive note. On particularly difficult days I just repeat a few times in the afternoon and evening. Here are just a few of the thousands of testimonials out there about Young Living’s Joy oil:
There have been many times that life has got me down, and for many reasons. I keep a bottle of Joy in my purse to dab behind each ear, my throat and at the top of my spine. It is amazing how fast that will shift my mood! And those around me. ~Laura in California
I remember bringing “Joy” into the nursing home my mom was in. Every time I came in, everyone flocked around for a dab of the sweet scent on their wrists. I told them it was perfume. It was a pleasure to watch them shift to a state of upliftment…I think it was the highlight of their day! ~April in Texas
Another one of my favorite ways to use Joy Essential Oil is for making Homemade Vacuum Puffs. This is such a super simple way to not only freshen your floors but also boost the mood of your family and guests! Simply place two drops of Joy on a cotton ball and then put it inside of your vacuum canister prior to vacuuming – easy as pie!
You can purchase Joy Oil from Young Living as a retail customer, or you can get the better value buy purchasing it as a wholesale member (for 24% less)! Joy is included in the Young Living Essential Oils Premium Start Kit, which in my opinion is by far the best value.
If you do not yet have your Young Living Premium Kit, make sure to check out this month’s incredible offer that comes with a bunch of awesome freebies to help you get started! Head on over here to get all the details on this offer.
Want to know more about how my life has been changed by Essential Oils? Check out these posts…
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
Head on over here to check out all the posts that are part of the Journey through the Everyday Collection of oils!