King Soopers relaunched their fuel program last week and it is now better than ever! How would you like to save up to $1 per gallon of fuel on a fill-up? I don't think anyone would say "no, not me" to that one. I had the privilege of meeting with King Soopers last week to learn more about the new and improved program and I'm now excited to pass those details on to you. If you are in the Denver metro area the new program launched last week, and if you are in Colorado Springs you've been in a test market for this new program for a few months, so you should be already familiar with the extra savings!
Here are the highlights of the program:
Stack Your Fuel Rewards
The fuel program now allows you to receive savings of up to $1 per gallon on fuel purchases at King Soopers, City Market & Loaf ‘N Jug and 10¢ per gallon at participating Shell locations. You can redeem 100 points at Shell for a 10¢ per gallon savings and you may redeem up to 1,000 points in a single fill-up at King Soopers, City Market & Loaf ‘N Jug. For each increment of 100 points redeemed at King Soopers, City Market & Loaf ‘N Jug, 10¢ off per gallon will be awarded. Here is the point structure:
• 100 points = 10¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at Shell.
• 100 points = 10¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at King Soopers, City Market & Loaf ‘N Jug.
• 200 points = 20¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at King Soopers, City Market & Loaf ‘N Jug.
• 1,000 points = $1 off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at King Soopers, City Market & Loaf ‘N Jug.
How to Earn Fuel Points
There are three ways to earn points at King Soopers, City Market & Loaf ‘N Jug stores:
1. Spending on Groceries: $1 in Groceries = 1 Point
2. Non-federally funded Prescriptions: 1 Prescription = 50 Points
3. Double Gift Card Points: $50 in Gift Cards = 100 Points
*this excludes King Soopers and City Market Gift Cards, Green Dot cards, MoneyPaks and 1-2-3 REWARDS® Visa prepaid Debit Card and ReCharge Card™
How It Works at the Pump
1. If paying inside, see cashier before inserting your Sooper or Value Card.
2. Before you insert your payment card, follow the screen prompts to initiate the discount process.
3. Insert your Sooper or Value Card, or manually enter your alternate ID or your loyalty card number found on the back of your loyalty card or key fob.
4. Select your form of payment and fuel grade.
5. Save up to 10¢ off per gallon up to a maximum of 35 gallons of fuel, per vehicle, per purchase.
If you do not want to use your savings at the fuel pump, do not insert your Sooper or Value Card when purchasing fuel at Shell or select “NO” when prompted at King Soopers, City Market & Loaf ‘N Jug and your fuel points will remain on your Card for future use.
There is no limit on the number of points that you can earn.
There is a limit of 100 points that can be redeemed in a single fuel fill-up at Shell. However, up to 1,000 points can be redeemed for up to $1 off per gallon at King Soopers & City Market Fuel Centers and Loaf ‘N Jug stores. Fuel savings are limited to 35 gallons.
Your current points balance will be printed at the bottom of your receipt. You may also check your points balance on our website by registering your Sooper or Value Card number online (select "Create an account" in the upper right hand corner of this page). Once you have registered your card online, select "My Points" to view your current points balance.
Points remaining after a fill-up will be available to use through the end of the following month in which they were earned, providing you have at least 100 remaining fuel points. When filling up, you’ll always be offered the biggest discount available, based on each month’s fuel point totals available in your account. For example, if you have 200 unredeemed fuel points from January and 300 fuel points in February, the 30¢ per gallon discount from February will be offered on your next fill-up. The 20¢ per gallon discount from January will be available through the end of February.
You do not need to register for this new Fuel Rewards program. Simply use your existing Soopers or Value Card to receive these fuel discounts. If you want to sign up for a Soopers or Value Card, just visit the Customer Service Desk at your local King Soopers or City Market.
I'm pretty excited about this new program! What do you think about it?
Don't forget to get the Bargain Blessings toolbar to print coupons and stay up to date on all the latest deals!