Here we are on day one of our journey through the 10 Oils in the Everyday Essential Oils Collection! If you missed my post yesterday introducing you to this journey, you can read it here.
And we’re off! Lavender Oil is one of the best known oils that comes in the Young Living Everyday Oils kit, so I’ve decided to start here.
Lavender is an extremely versatile oil. Here are just a few ideas of how you can use it in your daily life:
1. Sunburns: Combine 1oz of Purified Water, 4 drops of Lavender Oil, 1 drop of Peppermint Oil and a teaspoon of Aloe Vera. Apply to sunburned skin for relief.
2. Seasonal Congestion Relief: Combine 3 drops each of Lavender, Peppermint and Lemon Oil in a glass of water. Drink a glass in the morning, one in the middle of the day and another in the evening.
3. Stress and Mood Balance: Lavender has natural calming effects. Apply directly to wrists and back of neck or diffuse in your diffuser.
4. Create a Relaxing Bath: Add 5 drops of Lavender Oil to warm bathwater to relax after a long day.
5. Calm Excited Pets: Rub a few drops of Lavender Oil to your pet’s collar.
6. Combat Wrinkles: Rub 1-2 drops of Lavender Oil into skin prior to bedtime for a youthful glow.
7. Insomnia: Rub 1 drop of Lavender oil on your palms and then apply to your pillow to help you sleep and for insomnia.
8. Rashes: Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender Oil to a rash to stop the itching and support healing.
9. Cold Sores: Put 1 drop of Lavender Oil on cold sores to promote healing.
10. Headaches: Massage 1 drop of Lavender Oil into temples for headache relief. There are SO many more uses for Lavender! Another one of my favorite things to do with it is put a few drops on a cloth and throw it in the dryer with my clothes – they come out smelling AMAZING! I’d love to hear in the comments section what other ways you’ve been able to put this popular oil to use!
My go-to for cuts, scrapes and burns used to be Neosporin. Since replacing everything in my medicine cabinet with oils, I’ve started using lavender for all of those things and have been pleasantly surprised that it works even better than Neosporin! Of course it smells amazing, so that’s a bonus, but the best part is that it works amazingly well! About a month ago I cut open my knuckle while unscrewing a hose (yeah I know, who does that?!).
The first thing I did was run inside and put two drops of lavender directly on the cut. I was a little nervous that it would burn, but it didn’t at all. What it did to was help the burning and bleeding to stop very quickly! The best part was that the next day I could hardly tell that I hurt it at all. In the past when I’ve had knuckle wounds they continue to crack open as I use my hands but I didn’t have that problem at all in this case! Lavender: 1, Hose: 0!
Here are just a few of the thousands of testimonials out there about Young Living’s lavender oil: I always carry lavender in my purse. No matter what the problem, lavender seems to help. I have arthritis and fibro, so I rub it on my painful & numb feet, any sore muscles, my thumbs, knees, shoulders & neck. It helps for relaxation too – I put a drop under my nose or on my earlobes. For a cut or burn, lavender aids in healing (for cold sores too.) If I have any problem and am not sure what oil to use…I depend on my lavender. ~Darlene in Wisconsin
Whenever I get a new cut I put lavender oil right on it. This allows for cleaning and a quick healing process, so I don’t have to worry about it getting any worse. I am a new mom, so I don’t always have time for myself! I keep a bottle of Young Living lavender oil in my diaper bag. ~Katie in California
I started using lavender when my boys got the chicken pox, (they wanted me to get the shots but I held out till they got them), anyway we were planning a trip and I didn’t want my kids to be covered in scabs so, I would put them in a tub with baking soda, and lavender, about 8 drops per tub and told them to soak in it, well instead of the usual 21 days, they were done and healed (no scabs or marks) in 2 weeks, vacations plans were a go!! ~Lynn in Illinois
I have been taking epsom salt detox baths for a while now, but now that I’ve started adding my oils into the mix they have taking bath time to a whole new level of relaxation! Here is one of my most loved Bath Salt recipes:
1-1/2 Cups Epsom Salt
10 Drops of Young Living Lavender Essential Oil
1. Combine Epsom Salt and Lavender oil in glass jar and mix until combined.
2. Add 1/2 cup to a warm bath for a wonderfully relaxing experience or 1/4 cup to a large bowl of warm water to create a foot soak.
As you can see these salts are super easy to make and the best part is that not only does taking a bath in them feel and smell good – it is super good for you too and free of the harmful chemicals that are found in so many bath products.
I purchased the jar that I have pictured above from Hobby Lobby for $2.99 and get my epsom salt in a box that contains two 6lb bags from Costco for a little under $10.
Very Important: All of the above testimonials and recipes refer specifically to Young Living’s therapeutic grade Lavender Oil. Please do not attempt to purchase lavender from a retail store. The lavender that is sold in stores is a completely different formula that is at best diluted and at worst adulterated. Check out my post on why I chose Young Living oils for more details on this topic. All oils are not created equal. It is definitely a case of ‘you get what you pay for’.
You can purchase Lavender Oil from Young Living as a retail customer, but it is a much better value to purchase it as a wholesale member (24% less in fact)! Lavender is even included in the Young Living Essential Oils Premium Start Kit. Don’t forget to check out this amazing starter kit deal that comes with everything you’ll need to start using Essential Oils along with some awesome freebies!
If you do not yet have your Young Living Premium Kit, make sure to check out this month’s incredible offer that comes with a bunch of awesome freebies to help you get started! Head on over here to get all the details on this offer.
Want to know more about how my life has been changed by Essential Oils? Check out these posts…
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
Head on over here to check out all the posts that are part of the Journey through the Everyday Collection of oils!