It’s the time of year when grills are sizzling, friends are gathering, and a country’s birthday is worth celebrating. With the fourth of July just around the corner, consider adding some “berry” delicious treats to your menu for Independence Day.
Today we are kicking off a short series berry-inspired recipes are not only yummy but also add some festive charm in the form of red, white, and blue. Enjoy!
Red, White and Blue Parfaits
Start off the 4th of July with a bang by making berry and yogurt parfaits for breakfast. Or, you can save the fun as a healthy addition to the BBQ later in the day. Regardless, the simple ingredients make these easy and appealing. For a vintage feel, make the parfaits in Mason jars.
1. Wash all fruit. Slice strawberries into bite-size pieces. Mix strawberries and raspberries into one bowl and leave the blueberries separate.
2. Fill the bottom of each Mason jar about 1/3 full with blueberries.
3. Add yogurt to make the jars about 2/3 full.
4. Top with the strawberry and raspberry mixture until the jars are nearly full.
5. Add a little granola for extra crunch to the top before serving.
Do you have other berry-inspired 4th of July recipes? Please share in the comments section below. We look forward to hearing all of your delicious ideas!