$3.29/lb is about a C+ price for 93% Ground Beef. I personally have not tried this product of theirs, but I do know that their Chicken Breast is fantastic, so if their Ground Beef is as good as that I’d be willing to pay a little extra per pound. If you have tried their ground beef in the past, please let us know what you thought!
Ground Beef will be offered to the following locations:
Here are all the details on their ground beef:
• LFTB Free (so, none of the pink slime stuff)
• Comes in a 40-lb case with four 10-lb chubs per case
• No chemicals, additives or water added to meat during processing.
• Processed at a USDA-inspected, state-of-the-art plant employing strict operating protocols (including HACCP) and the highest in food-safety standards.
• Prior to processing, inspectors from the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service randomly sample cattle under a monitoring plan and perform testing for antibiotic residues.
*USDA nutrition labeling standards defines “extra lean” and “lean” ground beef based on the lean/fat ratio. While not part of these guidelines, the term “super lean” is often used in the grocery sector to describe ground beef at the upper end of the “lean” category (i.e., “Zaycon Foods 93/7 Super Lean Ground Beef”). This ground beef product is 93% lean and 7% fat.