Since I’ve stocked up on Nestle Chocolate Chips over the past few weeks at Albertsons, I’ve decided to put them to a good use today to make my Best Ever Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.
Here in Colorado we usually have to adjust recipes for altitude, but I’ve managed to throw enough yummy ingredients in these cookies that they stay super soft and fluffy even without the added flour. 😉 Here is the recipe:
1 Cup Softened Butter
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1-1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 Tbsp Flax Seed (optional)
3 Cups Old Fashioned or Quick Cook Oats
1-1/2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 Degrees.
2. Cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar.
3. Add eggs, one at a time.
4. Add Vanilla Extract
5. In a separate bowl, combine Flour, Salt, Baking Soda and Flax Seed.
6. Slowly combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well mixed.
7. Incorporate oats, chocolate chips and walnuts into the micture.
8. Scoop dough onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
9. Cool on sheet for 5 minutes.
10. Remove and enjoy!
Want to whip up some of these tasty cookies? Make sure to get out to Albertsons and get in on this week’s Nestle Chocolate Chip deal! Here is the scenario:
Nestle Toll House Morsels, 10-12 oz. – $1.99
– $0.75/1 Nestle Toll House Halloween Morsels (Manufacturer Coupon) – Target.com – Manufacturer – (exp. 12/03/13)
– $0.50/2 Nestle Toll House Morsels, Any – VeryBestBaking.com – Manufacturer
Final Price: $1.24
Price Grade: A-
Head on over here to check out a full list of this week’s Albertsons deals!
*Full Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Albertsons. All opinions, as always are my own.