Thin Mints…ohhhhh Thin Mints! They are the one Girl Scout cookie that has always been completely irresistible to me. So, what could possibly be better than these delicious and famous little cookies on their own? Well, Thin Mint Trifles of course!!
These are so easy and fun to put together and are a hit for both kiddos and adults. Just let me warn you…you know how it’s impossible to just have one Thin Mint? These are even more delicious if you can believe it! 🙂
Thin Mint Trifles
2½ cups Thin Mints finely crushed
3 cups mini marshmallows
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon mint extract
6 drops of green food coloring
1½ cups heavy whipping cream
4-6 small glasses
1. Grind the Thin Mint cookies until finely crushed. You can do this by smashing them in a plastic bag or in a food processor.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the mini marshmallows with the milk over low heat. Once all the mini marshmallows have melted, place marshmallow mixture in fridge for 10 minutes to set.
3. Once the marshmallow mix has cooled and set, stir in the mint extract and a 2-3 drops of green food coloring. Place this mixture to the side to do the next step.
3. Use an electric mixer, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
4. Fold the whipped cream into the mint mixture move to the side.
5. Put the trifles together: Add the crust evenly by spreading the cookie mixture into the bottoms of your glass I like mine firm so pack it down.
6. Now add the mint mixture on top of the cookie crust, filling each glass 3/4 of the way.
7. Top the pies with a dollop of whip cream, and some chocolate sprinkles.
8. Chill in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.