Today is the last day to lock-in an Amazon Prime Membership for $79! Starting tomorrow the price will increase to $99, so if you are interested at all you’ll at least want to start your 30-day FREE trial today, and if you do decide to keep it you’ll save yourself $20.
Don’t forget that with Amazon Prime you not only get the FREE two-day shipping, with no $35 minimum purchase required, but you also get some other very nice benefits as well:
- Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video
- Read free books each month through Kindle First and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
How to Extend an Existing Amazon Prime Membership
I’ve been an Amazon Prime member for years, and really do love the convenience and savings of being able to purchase items that cost less than $35 without needing to worry about shipping charges, or purchasing filler items in order to reach that threshold. This of course got me thinking that it would be great if those of us who are already members could lock-in another year at the $79 rate too…guess what, we can!
It does a few take additional steps, but I’m more that happy to do a little extra work for extra $20 savings. 😉
1. First you’ll want to GO HERE and log into your Amazon account.
2. Hover over “Your Prime” in the top menu bar and then click on the blue “Manage Prime Membership” link at the bottom.
3. Take note of your membership date (upper left corner) and then click on the “Cancel Membership” link. You’ll then be provided with a few options to “cancel your membership”. Select the option that will turn off the auto-renew on your account.
4. Go here to purchase an Amazon Prime Membership Gift for yourself, and make sure that the delivery date is set for after the day your Prime Membership is set to expire.
Your order should look like this, except your delivery date will be different, as it should be set to the day after your current membership expires.
On the day after your membership expires, you will receive an e-mail from Amazon with the gift membership. You’ll then just need to follow the instructions to apply it to your account.