Fall is here friends!! Well, it’s almost here…and most certainly here in my mind since I look forward to it all year round. And once it arrives – oh it is on!! Pumpkin Spice everything, orange, leaves, crisp air, fall decorations…I’m all over it!
It is also my favorite season to bake in! I mean there are a million different ways to prepare pumpkin, right? 😉 Here is a delicious Pumpkin Spice Scone recipe for all my fellow fall lovers out there!
Pumpkin Spice Scones
2 1/4 cups flour (or gluten free flour substitute)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, preferably cold
1/2 cup whipping cream plus 2 Tablespoons
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice mix, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice Candy Melts
2 teaspoons shortening or lard
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Stir all dry ingredients together, set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, then the 1/2 cup whipping cream, then the pumpkin puree and spices.
4. Add the dry mixture into the pumpkin mixture one cup at a time, being careful not to over-mix.
5. Pour the mixture out onto a clean, floured surface and roll into a large circle, no more than 2″ thick.
6. Cut into “pizza slice” triangles, and then brush overtop with the 2 Tablespoons whipping cream. Sprinkle on additional pumpkin spice mix.
7. Bake on a lined baking sheet for 10-15 minutes until golden and scones have formed a hard crust.
8. Cool on a baking sheet and meanwhile make the glaze. Melt the candy melts along with the shortening in a microwavable mug in 20 second bursts, stirring well in between.
9. Pipe the glaze onto the scones, or drizzle on with a spoon.