Now that I’ve cut out most dairy from my diet, I’m always looking ways to add in healthy fats. Avocados, Cocount Oil and Pumpkin Seeds are a few of my favorites and these Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds recipe incorporates two of those!!
We got a bunch of pumpkins to decorate our front porch this year and I’m already itching to get the seeds out of them so I can cook up a few batches of these to snack on.
Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds, cleaned
2 teaspoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice (1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon clove, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon allspice)
1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
1. Preheat your oven to 400° F
2. Make sure your seeds are free of any pumpkin bits and are completely dry – patting them down with a paper towel if necessary.
3. You can add the oil in one of two ways: add the seeds to a bowl and mix them with the oil, or place the seeds directly on a lined baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Either way works great – and the second method saves on dishes!
4. Sprinkle the pumpkin spice onto the seeds and roast for 5-10 minutes until the seeds take on a golden taupe color. Stir halfway through to ensure even roasting.
5. If adding salt, sprinkle it on after you’ve removed the seeds from the oven.
NOTE: If you’d prefer not to use pumpkin spice, use 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to replace.