I’ve been a fan of Eggnog since I was very young. It’s one of those holiday traditions that I look forward to every year. I used think that some of the store brands of Eggnog were pretty good – but that was before I started making my own. Trust me – you have not tried true eggnog until you’ve given this recipe a try!
You may even have all of the required ingredients in your home already, so no need to run out to the store when you want to whip up your friends and family a very special treat this season!
Life Changing Homemade Eggnog
5 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 whole cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
12 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 cups cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Combine milk , 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, cloves and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for 5 minutes. Slowly bring milk mixture to a boil.
2. Combine egg yolks and sugar in large bowl. Whisk together until mixture becomes fluffy.
3. Whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs and then pour mixture into saucepan.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until thick. Be careful to not allow mixture to boil.
5. Strain to remove cloves, and let cool for about an hour.
6. Stir in cream, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
This eggnog is super creamy and has just the right eggnog flavor! So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try – and then make sure to let me know what you think! 😉