I had that chance to share a few shopping tips with the very fun Fox31 Good Day Colorado group yesterday morning. I hope you enjoy the video. To summarize:
1. Check your freezer, refrigerator and cabinets for items that you already have on hand and build meals off of it. You might be surprised at what you come up with. 😉
2. Do your homework and know what a good price is. Hopefully the Bargain Blessings Grocery Store Deal Grading System helps you a lot with this one.
3. Once you know what a good price is you can build your meals off of what is on sale. If chicken breast is not on sale this week and you don’t have any on hand, consider adding a few extra read meat or meatless dishes to your meal plan.
4. Consider buying frozen produce instead of or in addition to fresh produce. There are many items that have a very similar nutritional value, are already mostly prepared for you and are less expensive in the frozen section.
5. Drink more water. Not only will this benefit your health, but cutting down on soda and juice in your grocery budget will really make a difference. Also, don’t forget about the great deals on Brita Pitchers that are around this week!