Alright everyone, are you ready to kick off the 30 Day Shred?!? Today is the big day! How did you do?
Well, I’m not going to sugar-coat it and say I was thrilled to start today, but I did it and I’m now done with the workout part. Yay! I’ve decided that since I’m commiting to doing this that I might as well do it right and add a few other goals for myself:
My goals for the next 30 days:
1. Complete the 30 Day Shred workout each day and blog about it.
2. Get into better shape in general.
3. Cut out almost all sweets and salty snacks. *you can see below that I’ve already cheated on this one. 😉
4. Drink 64oz of water every day.
5. Get more sleep.
Now that I’m done with today’s workout I thought I’d share a few things I learned today. I’d love it if you would do the same in the comments section.
Lessons from today:
1. Ms. Jillian and I are no longer friends
2. Don’t plan to workout in pants and a long sleeve shirt becuase you think it will be easy…you’ll get too hot.
3. Keep a bottle of water near by.
4. Don’t eat three chocolate chip cookies for breakfast.
5. It’s ok to cringe when Jillian says the word “lunge”.
6. Use lighter weights. I started with 5lb weights and felt like my arms were about to fall off. Once I switched to my 2.5lb wrist weights it was more manageable.
7. Starting on Level 1 was a very very good idea. I thought it was nice to have the advanced and beginner options within the level. I bounced between the two throughout the workout.
8. Thank goodness for “girl” pushups!