These Lemon Meringue Rice Krispie Treats put a fun spin on a classic recipe!
I love all things lemon! Lemon meringue pie, lemon bars, lemon essential oil – I just can’t get enough! With the season change right around the corner I wanted to take plain ole’ Rice Krispie Treats and bump up the flavor – with lemon of course!
These Lemon Meringue Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect way to take an easy to throw together classic recipe and put a fun spin on it!
Lemon Meringue Rice Krispie Treats
6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
3 tbs salted butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
3 tbs powdered lemonade mix
1oz marshmallow creme
Yellow Lemon Nerds Candy (optional)
1. Coat the bottom and sides of an 8×8 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Melt 3 tbs butter in a large saucepan.
3. Add 4 cups mini marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Add 3 tbs of the lemonade powder to your melted marshmallows and stir to combine.
6. Add 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal to the marshmallow mixture and stir until all the cereal is coated.
7. Turn that mixture out into your baking pan and use a piece of wax paper to press the cereal mixture down firmly.
8. Allow your treats to cool completely.
9. Place your marshmallow creme into the ziploc bag and cup a very small hole from one corner of the bag.
10. Pipe the marshmallow creme onto your treats as shown.
11. Sprinkle with yellow lemon Nerds candy.