I posted about this a few months ago, but I’ve recently received a few e-mails about creating a budget, so I thought it would be a good time to remind you about this fantastic tool. You may have also heard about Mint in the press lately as it has been featured in Money Magazine, on Good Morning America, in the New York Times and many other popular media outlets.
Mint is a free online money management website. Over 1 million people use Mint’s online money management and budgeting software, and they’re adding over 3,000 users every day. Mint is tracking $47 billion in assets and has identified more than $300 million in potential savings for its users.
$300 million is savings?!? Now that is what I’m talking about!
I signed up with Mint a few months back and I’m really enjoying it. It is a super easy and interactive way to create and track our budget and identify potential areas to save! It graphs out our entire budget and spending to make it easy to have a single consolidated view of our finances. I LOVE it!
I also took a little time to look into Mint’s security features and I must say that I was quite impressed. Here are the details on their security:
- Mint provides bank-level security.
- Mint uses 128-bit SSL encryption and 24/7 physical security. You cannot move money.
- Mint is a read-only service, no transfers are possible — in or out. You register anonymously.
- We don’t need your name or any personally identifiable info. Our alerts increase your financial security.
- We notify you of possible fraudulent transactions on all accounts.