There is just so much to love about Fall – it is my favorite season! Crisp air, changing leaves and of course – pumpkin everything!
During the summer months it seems like I’m always whipping up a batch of banana bread, but as soon as fall arrives it’s all about the pumpkin in our home. My husband loves taking this bread to work in the morning along with a hot mug of coffee.
You can also make this bread with regular white flour, but we prefer the healthier alternative of Einkorn flour. Einkorn is the original “staff-of-life” grain, known as the oldest variety of wheat, which dates back to the beginning of time. Einkorn’s natural genetic code and low gluten levels make it a superior choice because of the compatibility with the human body when compared to the modern hybrid wheat of today. Einkorn grain is easier to digest, so nutrients are better absorbed.
Pumpkin Bread with Einkorn Flour
3 cup Einkorn Flour (we love Young Living’s Einkorn Flour, you can also get Einkorn from Amazon)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon (or 1-2 drops of Young Living Cinnamon Essential Oil)
1/2 tsp Nutmeg (or 1-2 drops of Young Living Nutmeg Essential Oil)
1/2 tsp Clove (or 1-2 drops of Young Living Clove Essential Oil)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups Sugar
2 sticks of Butter, softened
1 15-ounce can 100% pure pumpkin puree
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Sift flour into large bowl and then mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, salt, baking soda, baking powder and sugar.
3. Add eggs, butter and pumpkin puree in a blender and blend until mixed. Add this to the flour mixture and mix well.
4. Coat 2 bread pans with butter and split the mixture into the pans equally.
5. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean and allow to cool before diving in.
Yields 2 Loaves.