I’ve got something special to share with all you sweet-tooths out there. Salted Caramel Latte Cupcakes. Need I say more?!
These are some of the most delicious and moist cupcakes that I’ve ever had. They are always a hit at parties and you all know how much I love recipes that are made with ingredients that I usually have on hand.
Salted Caramel Latte Cupcakes
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
2 large eggs (room temp)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup whole milk
1 TBSP Coffee flavoring
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F.
2. Line a standard 12 cup cupcake pan with liners.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In another bowl, beat the sugars and butter using an electric mixer. You want them to be light and fluffy, which should take approximately 3 minutes if the mixer is on medium-high speed.
5. Then, add in the eggs, milk and vanilla until combined. Add in the flour mixture.
6. Fill the prepared cupcake cups and then drizzle around a teaspoon or two of caramel sauce on top. Mix lightly with end of spoon.
7. Bake for 20 or so minutes until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
4 cups of powdered sugar
2 sticks of softened butter
2-3 teaspoons of vanilla
1-2 tablespoons of milk
Ghirardelli Caramel for drizzle on top
Sprinkle Sea salt on top of caramel drizzle
1. Add powdered sugar to mixing bowl.
2. Add softened sticks of butter
3. Add vanilla.
4. Beat on low until powdered sugar is incorporated. Then move mixer up to medium-high speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When completely mixed the frosting may appear dry.
5. Add more milk, a little bit at a time until frosting is the proper consistency.
6. Finally, once cupcakes are cool frost, drizzle with caramel sauce, sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!