Stop by Whole Foods tomorrow, (Friday) April 19th and you’ll be able to get their Marine Stewardship Council-certified Wild Pacific Cod for just $5.99/lb. That is an average savings of 50% off of their regular price. To give you some context, my deal grade for regular (uncertified/non wild cod) at $5.99/lb is a C+, so I would consider this a very good deal!
What to know about Whole Foods Cod
• This cod comes from Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)-certified Alaskan fisheries. MSC certification is the gold standard for seafood sustainability.
• This cod is frozen at sea to lock in straight-from-the-water freshness. Whole Foods Market’s dedicated port buyers purchase only the highest quality cod.
Cod fillets are great for baking or broiling. Try:
• Baked Breaded Cod
• Cod Poached in Tomato-Tarragon Sauce
• Spicy Coconut Braised Black Cod with Colorful Vegetables
Whole Foods will also be running a bonus, weekend long sale on their Whole Trade Allegro Organic Breakfast Blend Coffee. You’ll be able to get it in bulk for $6.99/lb or $6.99 for a 12oz package (also an average savings of about 50% off their regular price).
What to know about Whole Trade Coffee
• This coffee is a lively blend bursting with citrus, apricot, milk chocolate and caramel notes.
• It’s fairly traded! This light roast is not only organic and Rainforest Alliance certified, it’s backed by our Whole Trade® Guarantee, which ensures safe and healthy working conditions for farm workers, environmentally-friendly growing practices, fair prices to producers and a donation to Whole Planet Foundation® for poverty relief.
• This coffee is made with a combo of high quality beans from Selva Negra Estates, an environmentally friendly farm in Nicaragua, and Ethiopian coffee called Moredecofe, one of the few Rainforest Alliance coffees in Ethiopia.