Whole Foods will be back with another one day sale this Friday, August 2nd. This time it’s going to be Alaska Wild-Caught Coho Salmon for $9.99/lb!
Here are a few things you might like to know about this particular salmon:
- It’s the peak of wild salmon season! This Coho is fresh, never frozen, and rich in Omega-3s.
- Coho is full-flavored, flaky, moist and tender, making it a versatile and delicious choice for the grill, summer salads or hearty salmon burgers.
- The wild Alaska salmon Whole Foods Market selects are allowed to mature at their own pace by feeding on their natural diet in the icy cold waters of Alaska.
- This wild Alaska Coho salmon comes from fisheries rated green by the Monterey Bay Aquarium or Blue Ocean Institute. That signals healthy populations (no overfishing) and a fishing method that’s easy on the environment.
- We have two dedicated port buyers based in Alaska throughout the salmon season. They work personally with fishermen to bring the highest-quality salmon to our fresh cases.
If you might be looking for some new ways to cook your salmon, these might interest you:
This sale will be available in U.S. and Canadian Stores and availability may vary. They will not be issuing rain checks for this sale.